Thursday, June 7, 2012

Been a long road...

...It's official.  I said goodbye to California.  I'm in North Carolina.  Was sort of sad, really.  Had lots of mixed emotions about pulling up the great roots I made, saying "see you soon" (never goodbye) to the friends I made, the weather, the amazing car scene, and everything else...

...2500 very difficult miles in a 26 foot Penske Truck pulling a Model A on a crappy trailer, my wifes car getting broken into in New Mexico, driving through a tornado, and driving on virtually no sleep...

...it's still all been worth it...  More to come soon, everyone!  SOOO much more...


2 comments:

Bob said...

Scooter, Glad you made it safely. I moved to North Alabama 40 years ago to stay 1 year. Fell in love with the area and have never left. I pray you have a similar experience. Welcome to the Southeast!

Toadeus Maximus said...

These big changes are tough. I grew up in Oregon, lived in the Netherlands for a year and we decided to move to Boston to me closer to my wife's family while I was over seas. My wrap up of life in Oregon was 3 days to pack up our house say my goodbyes and I was gone.

From our limited contact there is no doubt that soon you'll soon be a fixture in the community.

Best of luck to you in your new digs.