Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Anyone want to loan me a few mill'??

Although I'm a die hard hot rod guy, there will always be a sweet spot in heart for 50's and 60's race cars. But in my mind, there were two cars that always stood out... The GT40 and the Shelby Daytona Coupe. Not the new reproduction cars... THE REAL ONES! The one that will always rule my world will be the 1965 Shelby Daytona Coupe. Maybe it's like anything else in the world, where you want something you can never have (only SIX were ever made!)... but I just got wind I have a chance! The perfectly restored and driven hard #4 is going up for Auction on May 18th. Anyone want to lend me about, say... mmmmm.... $8 MILLION DOLLARS or so? I can't guarantee any kind of payback, but I'll take you for a ride in it. :)

It is being suggested that it will be one of the highest bid cars. The current record being held by the 1961 Ferrari California Spyder that sold for $10,894,900! Good LORD, that's a lot of money! An amazing car though! "If you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up. It's so choice." -Ferris Bueller

So how about that loan??

Anyway, The Shelby will be up for auction in May, so get your bids in. To read more about the auction and the story about #4, more details can be found at AutoBlog's page ---> HERE




No comments: