Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bob Villa for an evening...

So I sort of got screwed on the Model T gas tank I ordered for the car. I always had my reservations for buying something already made to bolt on to the back of this car, so I guess the problem sort of took car of itself. I decided to make the tank myself, from scratch so it will look exactly the way I want it to look. to do this I needed to make a forming buck. I drew the tank up in CAD first so I could make some good templates for the buck, then printed them to full scale on the plotter and proceeded to arts and crafts time. Couple hours later I had something worth forming metal around as well as something I could use to fab some mounting brackets around. I can take my time on the actual construction now. Mostly I needed something to design brackets around and figure out where and how I'm going to mount tail lights.

I'll keep you guys posted on the actual tank as well as the construction.



1 comment:

BOMBO said...

I truly cannot wait to see this incredible machine when it is completed.